TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
We like to refer to our Terra di Monteverro as the little brother of our top Monteverro wine because the Terra is produced from the same vine varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, so is also a classic Bordeaux cuvée. It goes without saying that strict selection in the vineyards, harvesting by hand and the utmost care in the cellar are par for the course here. The difference: some of the grapes come from different parcels, even the composition of the cuvée may vary. A wine with an excellent price-performance ratio which even in the early years was quite open and accessible and entices with the aromas of the shrubland as well as
"A marriage made in heaven of concentration and freshness, this Terra di Monteverro 2011 boasts a fruit-rich personality and an intense and passionate character. Why not try it with herbed roast pork, at a gourmet family get-together."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Cabernet Franc, 20% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark cherry with purple and royal red on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful fresh herbs and macchia nose with tomato stems, English candy, fresh mint, camphor, black currant and cigar box.
- On the plate: Velvety entrance evolving on structured tannins with red fruit like cherry, raspberry lingering on canned plums and cherry.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60% of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel