TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
We like to refer to our Terra di Monteverro as the little brother of our top Monteverro wine because the Terra is produced from the same vine varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, so is also a classic Bordeaux cuvée. It goes without saying that strict selection in the vineyards, harvesting by hand and the utmost care in the cellar are par for the course here. The difference: some of the grapes come from different parcels, even the composition of the cuvée may vary. A wine with an excellent price-performance ratio which even in the early years was quite open and accessible and entices with the aromas of the shrubland as well as
"Potent, dynamic, lively, a wine that grabs life by the horns, this Terra 2010 is giving great results as it ages, and it will continue to do so. To be savoured with grilled meat or a hearty dish of fresh pasta with meat sauce."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep, black cherry with touches of ruby on the rim.
- On the nose: Fresh scent of thyme, rosemary, balanced with black currant, clay, beef roast, tobacco, sour cherry and fruit puree.
- On the plate: Entrance full of fresh fruits like plum, black berries and black cherry with touches of dark chocolate and cedar.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60% of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7.575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel