TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
A classic cuvée of internationally renowned grape varieties, kissed by the Tuscan sun. The term “second wine” would not do justice to Terra di Monteverro, although it shares its composition with Monteverro, its more famous big brother: it’s associated with Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot, which age 18 months in French oak casks. A distinctly harmonious wine that combines structure and intensity, a reflection of the fascinating terroir and the character of the region.
"Radiating the Tuscan sun from every pore: this accessible ""Maremma"" blend from 2008 is bursting with red berryfruit, aromatic character and spiciness. A wine to be enjoyed with gusto!"
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- FINE Das Weinmagazin: 93/100
- Wineterminator: 93/100
- Falstaff: 90/100
- A La Carte: 94/100
- Guida Oro di Veronelli: 92/100
- The Wine Advocate: 92/100
- Winespectator: 90/100
- Wine Enthusiast: 91/100
- Color: Deep dark ruby with mashed strawberry.
- On the nose: Interaction of black currant, cigar box, cassis, thyme, with hint of raspberries and cherry pie.
- On the plate: Velvety entrance evolving on freshly picked red currant and raspberries with touches of fresh blackberries, lingering on structured tannins and clay.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentation 100 % gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60 % of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcell