TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
We like to refer to our Terra di Monteverro as the little brother of our top Monteverro wine because the Terra is produced from the same vine varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, so is also a classic Bordeaux cuvée. It goes without saying that strict selection in the vineyards, harvesting by hand and the utmost care in the cellar are par for the course here. The difference: some of the grapes come from different parcels, even the composition of the cuvée may vary. A wine with an excellent price-performance ratio which even in the early years was quite open and accessible and entices with the aromas of the shrubland as well as fruity notes of cherries and red berries.
"Radiating the Tuscan sun from every pore: this accessible ""Maremma"" blend from 2008 is bursting with red berryfruit, aromatic character and spiciness. A wine to be enjoyed with gusto! Ideal with free-range roast chicken and roast potatoes."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark ruby with mashed strawberry.
- On the nose: Interaction of black currant, cigar box, cassis, thyme, with hint of raspberries and cherry pie.
- On the plate: Velvety entrance evolving on freshly picked red currant and raspberries with touches of fresh blackberries, lingering on structured tannins and clay.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentation 100 % gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60 % of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcell
- FINE Das Weinmagazin: 93/100
- Wineterminator: 93/100
- Falstaff: 90/100
- A La Carte: 94/100
- Guida Oro di Veronelli: 92/100
- The Wine Advocate: 92/100
- Winespectator: 90/100
- Wine Enthusiast: 91/100