Our flagship. A true Premier Grand Cru of Maremma, made from the classic Bordeaux grape varieties Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Petit Verdot and yet with the unmistakable character of the Tuscan coast. An ambitious wine in every respect - the grapes are exclusively from prime locations on our slopes which flow gently to the sea, the wine is aged for about 24 months in barriques from the best coopers (70-80 % new wood) and then for two years in the bottle. This gives it an unparalleled strength and complexity, sophisticated coolness and elegance. Its impressive diversity of bouquets ranging from berries and spicy notes increases year on year.
"Small and concentrated berries gave dense aromas in 2015 vintage. It gave life to a wine that is pure ruby velvet, with waves of berries and spices alternating with notes of chocolate and tobacco. A complex and intriguing Monteverro that reveal a perfect vintage"
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 15 % Merlot, 10 % Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark ink with touches of red velvet on the rim.
- On the nose: Complex and integrated nose of fruits like blackcurrant, red cherry and blueberries with touches of black pepper, cedar that evolves on black olive and underbrush.
- On the plate: Balance entrance with a silky mouthfeel lifted by a great acidity lingering on dark fruit like cassis evolving on a dense structure with chocolate, tobacco box and black cherry.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 80% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- Falstaff: 97/100
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 96/100
- Weinwisser: 19/20
- James Suckling: 97/100