Our flagship. A true Premier Grand Cru of Maremma, made from the classic Bordeaux grape varieties Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Petit Verdot and yet with the unmistakable character of the Tuscan coast. An ambitious wine in every respect - the grapes are exclusively from prime locations on our slopes which flow gently to the sea, the wine is aged for about 24 months in barriques from the best coopers (70-80 % new wood) and then for two years in the bottle. This gives it an unparalleled strength and complexity, sophisticated coolness and elegance. Its impressive diversity of bouquets ranging from berries and spicy notes increases year on year.
"Monteverro 2013 is quite exceptional: the result of Monteverro's best ever year, the quintessence of class, with a sophisticated but unfussy style, fruity, floral, spicy, aromatic and infinitely long-lingering."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40 % Cabernet Franc, 35 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 20 % Merlot, 5 % Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark, opaque ruby with touches of purple.
- On the nose: Beautiful integrated nose of fruit like blackcurrant, black cherry, blueberries, macerated strawberries lingering on ginger bread.
- On the plate: Balanced entrance with touches of dark ripe fruit like cassis lingering on a granular tannic structure with touches of cherry chocolate.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately, fermentation in stainless steel and barrel, natural fermentations, 100 % gravity, punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 80 % new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- Guida Oro Veronelli: 97 von 100 Punkten
- Wine Spectator: 92 von 100 Punkten
- Falstaff : 97 von 100 Punkten
- Bibenda 2017 - Vini e Ristoranti d'Italia: 5 Grappoli
- Weinwisser/René Gabriel: 19 von 20 Punkten
- James Suckling: 97 von 100 Punkten
- The Wine Advocate: 95 von 100 Punkten