Our flagship. A true Premier Grand Cru of Maremma, made from the classic Bordeaux grape varieties Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Petit Verdot and yet with the unmistakable character of the Tuscan coast. An ambitious wine in every respect - the grapes are exclusively from prime locations on our slopes which flow gently to the sea, the wine is aged for about 24 months in barriques from the best coopers (70-80 % new wood) and then for two years in the bottle. This gives it an unparalleled strength and complexity, sophisticated coolness and elegance. Its impressive diversity of bouquets ranging from berries and spicy notes increases year on year.
"Monteverro 2011 is a wine with a great personality, a faithful reflection of its terroir, silky, well-rounded and with a very long finish. To be enjoyed with duck and foie gras stuffing."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Cabernet Franc, 25% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Brilliant but deep black ink with red velvet and dark cherry on the rim.
- On the nose: Complexity and depth translated in layers of fruit, spices and wood aromas with touches likes blueberry and cassis, maple syrup, clay, cinnamon, cigar box and mocha that evolves over time.
- On the plate: Soft but structured entrance evolving on a silky mouthfeel with a full and round palate layered with dark fruit and powerful structure.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations, 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 80% of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel