Our flagship. A true Premier Grand Cru of Maremma, made from the classic Bordeaux grape varieties Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Petit Verdot and yet with the unmistakable character of the Tuscan coast. An ambitious wine in every respect - the grapes are exclusively from prime locations on our slopes which flow gently to the sea, the wine is aged for about 24 months in barriques from the best coopers (70-80 % new wood) and then for two years in the bottle. This gives it an unparalleled strength and complexity, sophisticated coolness and elegance. Its impressive diversity of bouquets ranging from berries and spicy notes increases year on year.
"The year 2010 brings together power and style, structure and freshness, aromatic complexity and persistence. A dense, chewy Monteverro that improves year after year, a true ""must-cellar'! Excellent when paired with rack of veal with morel sauce."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 10% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark ink with ruby on the rim and touches of purple.
- On the nose: Intriguing depth of cedar, black berries, black currant, cherry, nutmeg, humus, black pepper and cigar box balanced with freshness like chanterelle and tulip.
- On the plate: Velvety entrance on ripe fruit like blackberry, cherry, black currant, lingering on a dense structure with hints of blueberry and strawberry.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 70% of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7.575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel