Even though the defining stylistic feature of this wine comes from Burgundy, it is 100% Tuscan. The influence of the sea breeze and cool nights make it possible to produce this white wine in selected parcels, which ties in with the great role models with its elegant, silky texture, and its freshness and finesse. It owes its golden yellow colour, complexity and notes of caramel and toasted bread to ageing in barriques and concrete eggs, and its aromas of lemon, pear, quince and pineapple, of almonds and ripe apple to the ideal climatic conditions. As great lovers of Chardonnay, the production of this white wine in small quantities (approx. 5,000 bottles per vintage) is something close to our hearts.
"Vibrant and pure, this is how our Chardonnay can be described in the 2016 vintage. With its precise texture that is declined in fine and subtle aromas of pear, citrus, orange blossom, granite, this wine shows a precise structure supported by an infinite freshness. The brightness of the precious stone without any impurities.."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Shiny pale grey gold with touches of mercury.
- On the nose: Beautiful explosion of pear, apricot, lemon blossom, toasted brioche, granite rock and star anise.
- On the plate: Fresh and vibrant entrance evolving on a lemon, grapefruit mid-palate lingering on white flowers and peaches
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees 100% gravity
- Aging: 50% spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 50% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels
- James Suckling: 93/100