This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Vinum: 94/100
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 93/100
- James Suckling: 94/100
- Color: Beautiful shiny grey gold with touches of mercury and pale yellow.
- On the nose: Explosion of fruit like pear, apricot with touches of toasted brioche, crème brulée lingering on a slate minerality and elderflower.
- On the plate: Round and fresh entrance evolving on a beautiful acid mid palate with touches of starfruit, lemon finishing on grapefruit, quince and gun powder.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees 100% gravity
- Aging: 50% spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 20% new oak, the remaining 50% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration VINEYARD
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels