This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"The Silver Coast inside the glass," is how we can describe the 2019 Chardonnay. Notes of iodine and white-fleshed fruit leading into a Rossinian "crescendo" punctuated with applause.
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Guida Veronelli: 94/100
- Weinwisser: 18,5/20
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 94/100
- Color: Beautiful grey gold with hints of mercury and green.
- On the nose: Delicate and profound nose of pear, yellow apple, white peach, brioche and mountain hay with subtle touches of banana and lemon blossom.
- On the plate: Nice round entrance evolving on fresh acidity with touches of starfruit, pear lingering on white chocolate, lemon pie and white flowers finishing fresh fig and vanilla.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees 100% gravity
- Aging: 50% spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 20% new oak, the remaining 50% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels