This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
With a rich and complex palate, the 2018 Chardonnay evokes fragrant and intense aromas typical of a pâtisserie françaises and at the same time unfolding its fresh and mineral texture in an endless crescendo.
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100 % Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Guida Oro Veronelli: 94/100
- James Suckling: 94/100
- Color: Light grey gold with touches of lime green on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful explosion of white peach, pear, lemon tart, mountain herbs with touches of cedar and acacia honey.
- On the plate: Fresh and lively entrance evolving on fresh acidity with touches of fresh mango, grapefruit lingering on slate and mirabelle plum.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees 100% gravity
- Aging: 50% spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 30% new oak, the remaining 50% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels