This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"Our Chardonnay 2015 is proving to be a great classic, the result of a great harvest of small grapes packed with flavour. The best years of this 2015 wine are yet to come, so leave a few boxes in the cellar for the future. "
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- James Suckling: 92/100
- Color: Bright grey gold with hints of lime green on the rim
- On the nose: Delicate nose of toasted brioche with white peach, cedar, fresh mango, slate lingering on pear, grapefruit with touches of honey.
- On the plate: Fresh but round entrance evolving on peach, straw, pomegranate lingering on quince and lemon pie.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees 100% gravity
- Aging: 50% spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 50% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels