Even though the defining stylistic feature of this wine comes from Burgundy, it is 100% Tuscan. The influence of the sea breeze and cool nights make it possible to produce this white wine in selected parcels, which ties in with the great role models with its elegant, silky texture, and its freshness and finesse. It owes its golden yellow colour, complexity and notes of caramel and toasted bread to ageing in barriques and concrete eggs, and its aromas of lemon, pear, quince and pineapple, of almonds and ripe apple to the ideal climatic conditions. As great lovers of Chardonnay, the production of this white wine in small quantities (approx. 5,000 bottles per vintage) is something close to our hearts.
"Coherent and authentic, our Chardonnay 2011 is a winner due to the purity of its primary aromas, a kaleidoscope of undertones from fruit to crème brûlée. It brings out the flavours of chicken supreme “alla forestière” to perfection."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana bianco
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep yellow gold with hints of straw.
- On the nose: Beautiful baked brioche evolving on apricot, honeysuckle, crème brulée, rose and canned pear.
- On the plate: Soft entrance quickly evolving into a beautiful Greek honey yogurt with touches of wood, hazelnuts, honey and apricot lingering on caramel and prune liqueur.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees with batonnage 100% gravity
- Aging: 14 months in French oak barrels with 25% of new oak and in concrete egg-shaped fermentation tank
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- Guida Oro Veronelli: 93 von 100 Punkten
- Mundus Vini: Gold medal
- Tasted: 91 von 100 Punkten
- WineInspector: 92 von 100 Punkten
- Wineterminator: 93 von 100 Punkten
- James Suckling: 95 von 100 Punkten